Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Dying Man and Your Church

"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves." -- 2 Peter 2:1

Many people often wonder why I seem to be so negative. I've been accused of bashing pastors and wanted to tear down churches. Why don't I just support all people who are "working for the Lord"? Did I forget about Christian unity?

Honestly, I think a lot of people say those things to me because they don't know what a large majority of evangelical churches are like today. I do. Everyday I read another story of another church trying desperately to bring the world into their church, and in the process make themselves look like complete fools.

I recently watched the the following video on YouTube, and I really think it would help you understand where I'm coming from if you watched it as well. Included are many clips from modern evangelical church sermons and promotions. Unfortunately, because we're talking "modern evangelical", some of the clips are inappropriate. (You might want to skip 2:10-2:60.)

As you watch, remember what the Bible says church should be: "They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer." (Acts 2:42)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please free feel to leave as many comments as you want! The only thing I ask is that you not swear, blaspheme God's name, or use any minced oaths. Thanks!